Anonymous asked: Top five moments of your life?
Oh gosh… this one is gonna be difficult, and probably not entirely accurate, but here goes nothing.
1. Seeing my nephew Finn for the first time.
2. Having a pint at the Eagle and Child pub in Oxford. It was one of the places that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien visited frequently. Visiting Tolkien and C.S. Lewis’s graves were pretty surreal as well. It was a physical reminder that they were, indeed, men, and not immortal like their writings.
3. Singing Mumford & Sons tunes with some of my Aussie friends at dusk while at Byron Bay watching whales jump out of the pacific ocean. People thanked us for singing as we walked back to our car.
4. Walking the streets of London at night, belting out old songs with my dearest friends. We had full bellies and content hearts.
5. Sleeping on the rooftops in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. It was miserably hot inside the house we were staying at, but on the roof there was a constant breeze from the sea. Waking up to the sun cresting over the mountains that surround the city was something special.